I made this today for lunch, and it was so good and perfect for the super cold weather we are having in Houston. This is the coldest weather ever. I’ve lived in Houston for four years, and this is the coldest winter we have ever had. I love visiting cold weather places like Colorado where there is snow and other fun wintery things to do, but I really don’t like living in a place that is cold. Thankfully, when Houston gets cold it just happens for a few days and then it’s back to 80 degrees.
Anyway, here is the recipe! I used my Instant Pot, but you can use a slow cooker too!
What’s in it:
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-2 fresh jalepnos, finely chopped with or without seeds, depending on taste (the more seeds the hotter)
- 1 15 oz can of corn or frozen corn
- 1 can chopped green chiles
- 1 can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
Instant Pot: Put everything in the pot and cook on manual, high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release.
Slow Cooker: Put everything in crockpot and cook on low, 4-6 hours.
Once done, shred the chicken with two forks.
Top with fresh cilantro, sour cream or greek yogurt, cheese, and/or tortilla strips.