I’m trying to add more protein to my diet and a good source is protein shakes. I used to make protein shakes every now and then after hard workouts, but now I am making an effort to make them every morning with breakfast. I used to eat two eggs, toast, and fresh fruit, but now I eat two eggs and drink a shake.
I don’t want to drink the same flavor shake everyday so I like to mix up the fruits, veggies, and protein powder flavor.
- One scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- Handful of spinach (I keep a bag of the organic spinach in the freezer)
- Flaxseed (I pour in roughly two tablespoons) or Chia Seed
- Fruit/Veggie mixture. I LOVE my HEB grocery store because they have BLENDABLES which already have the fruit/veggie mixture with no added ingredients. I use half the bag for one smoothie.
- Depending on how I’m feeling, I’ll add in berries or bananas or anything fresh that I have lying around.
- Water or unsweetened almond milk (about a cup or enough to cover the ingredients)
- I’ll top with berries or coconut too!
As you can see in the picture below, this is an example of what goes in my shake.
I use the NutriBullet, and it is amazing. Shakes turn out great everytime!
What are some of your favorite protein shake combos?