I had these for the first time during a study group session during law school, and they have become a staple every holiday season at my house! These are melt in your mouth, sweet and salty, all around goodness! I’ve tweaked the recipe over the years as I’ve made them so here is my best recipe! OH, and these are NO bake! 🙂
- 1 package (24 ounce size) vanilla almond bark
- 1 cup peanut butter (use regular Jif, Skippy, etc. – the natural/healthy stuff doesn’t work as well for these!)
- 2 cups peanuts (I generally buy the salted cocktail peanuts)
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Krispies cereal (during Christmas time, I try to find the Red and Green Rice Krispies and use those to add some holiday flare!)
- Lay out sheets of parchment or wax paper on your countertop or on baking sheets.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine almond bark and peanut butter and microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes until the almond bark is almost melted. Take out and stir. If it’s not quite melted, heat in 15 second increments. Be careful not to overheat the mixture or the clusters won’t turn out right.
- After mixing until smooth, mix in the peanuts. Stir. Then the marshmallows. Stir. Then the Rice Krispies. Stir them in but be careful to avoid crushing them.
- This is what mine looked like when it was all mixed together.
- Spoon onto the wax or parchment paper. I use the 1/4 size cup to make larger size clusters. The last batch I did made 36 large clusters.
- Let cool for 1-2 hours room temperature or you can speed up the process by letting them cool in the fridge for 30 mins – 1 hour
- These will last up to a month in the fridge or two weeks room temperature! I’ve never frozen them, but I’m sure you could.